I moved to Canada with my Wife and daughter in 1997 from Wales in the UK.
After settling down in Ontario, I started working for a some local stone mason’s for a good couple of years, it was a great experience and give me the opportunity to work on some beautiful stone project. But more importantly learn the trade and skill of working with natural stone.
In 2001 I decided to start working for myself, I’ve now been running my own stone masonry business since that very day. I’m a well known for my work in the area so word of mouth alone supplies me with more work than I can handle.
Flagstone is one of the main types of stone that I work with, installing flagstone patios and flagstone walkways are very common projects I take on, I’d say about 70% of the flagstone projects are dry laid and the other 30% flagstone projects involve setting the flagstone in cement.
In 2009 a family member suggested that I create a ebook teaching homeowners how to install flagstone. Realizing that flagstone patios and walkways are very common projects that homeowner often take on them selves, I decided it was a great idea and started working on creating a simple to follow step by step guide, revealing all my tips and techniques on installing a flagstone patio or path.
My first step was actually installing a flagstone patio allowing me to take detailed photos of each step, I then spent countless hours piecing it all together, turning it into an easy to follow guide that anybody could follow to achive the same results.
Below are a before and after photos of the patio I build in the guide.
For more information check it out: How To Flagstone Patio
Have a flagstone related question?
Send me you’re question’s, I’ll answer them via a blog post.